Monday, March 16, 2015

CardMaker Magazine and Sakura Blog Hop

Hello!  So happy that you are here today, if you've just found this hop then I hope you will get a chance to start at the beginning, because the CardMaker Blog Design Team is hopping with Sakura goodies today!!!  Here is what I've created for this hop...


To create this card I started by stamping the floral images with a water resistant ink and onto water coloring cardstock. I then colored the centers of the flowers wtih distress markers and pulled the colors out and blended them with a wet paint brush. I then set this to the side to dry.  While it was drying, I die cut the word happy three times for added dimension.  This is where the Sakura quickie glue pen came in handy.  Since to tip of the glue pen is the size of a pen I was able to trace over my word die and adhere it to another word die.  I did this twice, and finally I adhered all three onto my panel. Tips when using the quickie glue pen: it does dry quick, so be fast.  At first I was trying to cover the whole word at one time, but I would find that the first part was a little dry by the time I went to adhere them together, so instead I would glue the first half and press firmly together then glue the second half and it worked fine.

Now that my water coloring was dry I decided to add some texture and highlights to my flowers by using my Glaze pen in black to the dots and centers of the flowers.  This pen gives a nice shine as well as dimension to your projects.  The black does come out fast, so make sure you have a light hand when applying.  And finally I added lines and dots with the Gelly Roll White Pen, here are a few close ups of the flowers for a better view...



Supplies Used:
Watercolor cardstock: Ranger
Stamps: Altenew (Striped Florals); Winnie and Walter ( The Big The Bold and The Happy)
Ink: Versafine by Tsukineko
Distress Markers: Dusty concord, picked raspberry, fired brick, spiced marmalade, weathered wood, stormy sky, squeezed lemonade, wild honey, mustard seed, tumbled glass, shaded lilac, spun sugar, and victorian velvet
Sakura Pens: Black Glaze, White Gel and Quickie Glue
Die: PTI
Black Cardstock: DCWV

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you've gained some inspiration to start busting out your pens the next time you are going to color or water color.  Now you are off to visit the amazing Anita Mulcahey, for more inspiration and fun!

Before I go I just want to thank Sakura for the amazing pens they sent for us to use on this hop!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa 
 

14 comments:

jessica said...

What a beautiful card Lisa!!!!

Anita said...

This is stunning Lisa. Hugs.

AJ said...

love this!! your detailed white highlights are awesome!

Lois said...

Great tip about layering your die cut sentiment using the glue pen! Your card is just lovely.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card!

*Vicki* said...

Just beautiful Lisa!! WOW!

Salnclts said...

Very beautiful & springy! :)

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

Gorgeous! I love the combination of color and sparkle!

Patti J said...

It's wonderful to know that this glue pen works so well on the intricate die cuts! Beautiful card, Lisa! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Super gorgeous. Great job of showing what these products can do.
Thanks. :)

Brooke said...

Love, love, love this card-so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card - the detail is superb ! Thanks for sharing !!

Leslie Germain said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the flowers, the happy and the coloring!!

Celeste Goff said...

What a positively gorgeous card!!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS