Monday, March 23, 2015

Never Stop Dreaming - Watercolor & Washi

Hi and Happy Monday!  Today I'm sharing a dreamy little card here and on The Alley Way Stamps Blog using the new Wigwam Stamp Set, washi tape, and watercoloring...



To create this card I first started by stamping the teepee image on white cardstock.  I then covered it with various washi tapes and fussy cut.  I stamped the teepee image a second time and trimmed just the door flaps, adhering them with foam adhesive.  The teepee image was stamped a third time onto watercolor paper along with the sentiment.  Next I used my peerless watercolors to paint the ground and the sky.  To add in a gleam of gold I watercolored with a gold spray mist.  I then added some flicks of gold.  Finally, the washi taped teepee was adhered to the watercolor paper, matted and adhered to the cardbase.

I love the soft and dreamy feeling the watercoloring gives to this card against the bright and patterned teepee.  I am entering this into the following challenge:
Retro Sketches: #157



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

3 comments:

AJ Bodine said...

omgosh, I LOVE this..your washi tape teepee is the best! Love your watercoloring and your flecks of gold all around. Def a card I'd like to CASE!

Leslie Germain said...

LOVE the watercolor and washi mixed. Fantastic and colorful teepee/wigwam!!

*Vicki* said...

This is a really cool idea with the washi tape!! I love this idea!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS